- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
2013 CERET Biofuels Train the Trainer Academy
Date:Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:00am - Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 5:30pm
CERET (the Consortium for Education for Renewable Energy Technology) still has a few spaces available for a Train the Trainer Academy on Biofuels.
Who should attend? The Academy is designed for high school teachers and instructors at two year colleges.
Academy Participants will:
- Learn to operate a pilot scale biofuel reactor
- Perform biodiesel transesterification reaction
- Perform ethanol distillation process
- Perform fuel QA/QC tests (e.g. flashpoint, viscosity, cloud point, oxidative stability, etc.)
- Operate engines and measure emissions resulting from biofuel combustion
- Tour an operating biofuel refinery
- Discuss and analyze the pros and cons of various biofuels
- Learn how biofuels can be used in various types of engines and equipment
Lodging is provided through funding from the National Science Foundation ATE program. A stipend of $650 will be available to participants to cover the costs of travel. Academic credit is also available to participants through the Colorado School of Mines Teacher Enhancement Program for those that are interested (cost is $80 for 1.5 credits).
More information is available here: http://www.ceret.us/trainer/
Download: the 2013 program flyer