How to calculate the volume of media when scaling up cultures
A QUICK TOUR
1. Click the Start button to begin. It's a good idea to look over the workflow before moving on.
2. Click Equipment to view the kinds of equipment used in each stage.
3. Click VLabs to use the virtual labs. The inoculation lab is shown below.
4. The Cell growth vLab simulates using a single-use bioreactor.
4. The Cell counting vLab gives students practice in counting cells. First, the sample is prepared.
5. Then, cells are counted and you calculate the concentration.
Would you like to help? If you are interested in beta-testing materials and helping Bruce Van Dyke, please contact us and we will put you in touch, or contact Bruce directly.
Sponsors: Bruce Van Dyke and Yakov Cherner are funded by an ATE Project from the National Science Foundation. Grant number:DUE 1902673 Additional funding was provided by a Round 2 (2012) TAACCCT grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor and by a National Science Foundation ATE grant to the Quincy College Biotechnology and Compliance program.
This webinar series is funded by the National Science Foundation through an ATE grant to the InnovATEBIO National Center for Biotechnology Education. DUE 1901984
Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation, Bio-Link, InnovATEBIO or its partners.