Laboratory Animal Technicians care for and manage laboratory animals in research, biotechnology, and biopharmaceutical companies.
Students in a Laboratory Animal Technician program learn how to care for laboratory animals, including nutrition, and humane animal handling practices.
A Laboratory Animal Technology associates degree or two-year diploma program may include courses such as:
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology
- Veterinary Medical Terminology
- Common Clinical procedures
- Mathematical Measurement & Literacy
- Internships in animal laboratory experience
A one-year certificate may concentrate on Animal Husbandry.